Based on State :
Seats in the courses/colleges are in the Ratio of 15:85, 15% seats are for UR(UnReserved also called Non-Locals who migrate from a different state), 85% seats are reserved for Local students who belong to the same state.
Reservation percentage Varies from state to state
UR(Un-Reserved) – Not only other state students but also Everyone can have a seat here in this category. Rest 85% of seats are reserved only for the students who belong to the same state.
Based on Category :
The seats in the convener quota are called Category-A seats which are reserved for the people who secure a seat through CETs like ECET & EAMCET.
According to Government of India, the total seats reserved based on category are : OC – 40-50% seats , ST -7% seats , SC-15% seats, OBC-29-35% (BC-A-7.5% seats , BC-B-10% seats, BC-C-1% seats , BC-D-7% seats and BC-E- 4% seats) . And for Women additionally 1/3 seats in each category . Additional Special reservation for PH 2%, CAP 1%, NCC 1% and Sports 0.5% .
What are the rules of Seat Allotment?
- First, irrespective of category, everyone will be allotted a seat under the OC category based on rank.
- Next, All the 1/3 seats which are reserved for girls will be filled according to category and merit.
- Next, the leftover seats are diverted to boys in order of merit in CET. Girls are also included in this 2/3 of the seats.
- Now, the seats will be filled for the ST category under their reservation.
- If there are few seat leftovers in the ST category then they are diverted for SC category students.
- Similarly, the SC category students will get allotted seats after ST students (with leftover seats from ST which are diverted to SC students )
- if the SC & ST candidates (who have merit ) are more than the allocated seats, then those students are given set under the Open category(OC).
- In a similar way: for BC students
- With BC Category students the seats are diverted to other BC students if seats are unfilled.
Inter Conversion of seats :
How seats are diverted for BC category students if allocated seats are not filled in a particular category: who can divert to which category (with merit)
- BC-A students can have seats in BC-B, BC-C, OC Categories
- BC-B students can have seats in BC-C, OC Categories
- BC-C students can have seats in OC Categories
- BC-D students can have seats in BC-C, OC Categories
- BC-E students can have seats in BC-A, BC-D, BC-C, OC Categories
If the allocated seats for girls is not exhausted then those seats will be given to boy under the same category or the internal conversion.
How the seats are allocated [ Process]?
Based on the Options exercised by the candidates and the options recorded in the server on the last day of the Options will be considered for Allotment of Seats. While allotting the seats: the Merit, the Category, the Gender, and the Local Area will be considered.
- All the Candidates both Boys & Girls will be first allotted seats under OC Category according to rank. (every category is included in this, not just OC)
- Allotment of Special Reservation Categories like PH, NCC, CAP, Sports will be made. In PH the Seats reserved 1% to Visual, 1% to Hearing, and 1% OH. If a sufficient number of candidates are not there, interconversion will be made from Visual to Hearing(VH) and Hearing(H) to OH.
- The Seats reserved for Minority Candidates in Minority Colleges will be allotted.
- Allotment to All ST Category candidates.
- Allotment of Seats to PH, CAP, NCC, Sports belonging to ST Category.
- The Leftover Seats of PH, CAP, NCC, Sports will be added back to ST Category and once again allotments to ST Category will be done.
- Allotment to All SC Category candidates.
- Allotment of Seats to PH, CAP, NCC, Sports belonging to SC Category.
- The Leftover Seats of PH, CAP, NCC, Sports will be added back to SC Category and once again allotments to SC Category will be done.
- steps: 4,5,6 will repeat again and the same procedure will for BC candidates (the internal conversions will be made as mentioned earlier).
- after allotment of seats for all categories, if any seats are remaining in the final allocation of SC, ST, BC students, those seats will be allocated to OC students.
- Final Round where all the Candidates of OC, SC, ST, BC Category candidates will be considered for allotment, and final allotments will be displayed.
- Let’s say that a CSE course in a college contains 60 seats according to the convener.
- the reserved seats are :
- 30 seats for the Open category where every category student can have seats based on rank. (includes 1/3 seats i.e 10, extra for girls)
- 3-4 Seats are reserved only for the ST category (includes 1/3 seats i.e 1, extra for girls)
- 9 Seats are reserved only for SC category Students (includes 1/3 seats i.e 3, extra for girls)
- 4 seats are reserved only for BC-A students (includes 1/3 seats i.e 1, extra for girls)
- 6 seats are reserved only for BC-B students (includes 1/3 seats i.e 2, extra for girls)
- ~1 seat is reserved only for BC-C students
- 4-5 seats are reserved only for BC-D students (includes 1/3 seat i.e 1, extra for girls)
- 2-3 seats are reserved only for BC-E students (includes 1/3 seat i.e 1, extra for girls)
- After allocating Seats for all categories the leftover seats are allocated for other candidates who have a reservation.